Experiencing the Retail University of Virginia
The Retail University of Virginia exists to serve the Retailers of our marketplace; help facilitate those Retailers in securing quality applicants and provide these same Retailers with significant off-campus training opportunities to develop their employees.
- Works with local Workforce Investment Boards to screen and select viable candidates for Retail employment.
- Provides a 40 hour Entry Level Training Program. Issues covered are: Understanding Retail; Diversity Awareness; Information Management; Selling Skills; Personal Growth & Development; Basic POS Training; Lifestyle Discussions & Issues; Customer Service Skills; Survival Spanish; Entrepreneurship; Communication Skills; CRC Work Keys Testing and Resume Creation.
- Has available National Retail Federation Certification credentials in:
- Customer Service
- Retail Management
- Basics of Retail Credential (NRFE)
- Provides One Day Seminars on Customer Service and/or Sales to supplement Corporate new hire or advanced programs.
- Provides Two Day Seminars on Customer Service and/or Sales to supplement Corporate new hire or advanced programs and includes National Retail Federation credentialing.
- Is available upon request to develop a support program for any specific Corporate need.
- Works in concert with local experienced Retail professionals and Longwood University facility and staff to provide an exceptionally high quality of training.